VP, Product Management
BeatStars is a digital production marketplace that allows music producers and artists to license and sell their material. Our goal is to help empower producers/artists to become their own entrepreneurs and we are 100% dedicated to helping our users succeed by providing them with the help and tools that they need.We are looking for a motivated individual who is committed to helping and contributing to our community.
Having grown substantially in the last two years with no sign of slowing down, we are looking for an experienced VP, Product Management with proven ability to scale from $10M ARR to $50M ARR and beyond. Our ideal candidate will know how to take BeatStars from “good” to “great” and be just as comfortable in a player-coach role leading from the 50,000 feet above as they are getting into the weeds. As VP, Product Management for BeatStars, you will be responsible for the strategic vision of our innovative product direction, overseeing and driving the monetization of product lines to optimize revenue across the platform, partner to key stakeholders and functions, and accelerate the company’s product lines as a competitive advantage in leading the industry for music creators and publishers.
- Define product vision, strategy, roadmap, and next wave of product investments to accelerate BeatStars priorities and leadership in the marketplace with its product lines in a global environment
- Develop deep empathy will all creators including recording artists and music producers; develop a deep understanding of their objectives and needs, and engage at a detailed technical level to define solutions
- Build our global remote-first Product, UX, and Data Science teams and drive new opportunities to improve our design, user experience, data driven-decisions, and pricing strategy across various customer segments
- Establish, drive, and communication processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all major areas, including user-focused feature development, administrative features, and scalability of systems.
- Establish an approach to product prioritization that balances every stakeholder, end-users, buyers, and our internal teams
- Implement ways to estimate, measure, and track ROI of product decisions
- Build a repeatable process for gathering customer requirements and communicating product roadmap to internal and external customers
- Lead and scale an industry-leading best-in-class product team; foster a collaborative environment that rewards creativity and execution excellence
- Communicate deeply and frequently with customers, evangelize products internally and at key industry events, support strategic sales opportunities, contribute thought leadership
- The VP of Product will be a key member of the leadership team and will be expected to maintain a high-profile leadership approach while remaining highly accessible and collaborative.
- The ideal candidate is a proven leader and a passionate product executive, who is both highly strategic and recognized for driving and launching breakthrough products in highly competitive global marketplaces.
- 10+ years experience in a product management role, with a track record of designing, building, and launching winning products
- Fluency in Agile, experience in human-centered design process
- Expertise in creator, marketplace software
- Understanding of relevant topics in design, display, and/or search marketplaces
- Masters in Computer Science; MBA preferred.
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity.
- Highly evolved Emotional Intelligence and vested in continuous leadership development.
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching, leadership, and people management skills.
- Strategic thinking - the ability to understand the business implications of decisions; display an orientation towards growth and demonstrate knowledge of the market and competition.
- Bonus points for: Music/publishing industry experience; relevant qualification or training in Continuous Improvement (Kanban, Agile, Scrum, Lean, Six Sigma) and any experience in the implementation of such continuous improvement processes.
This role might be for you if:
- You are a visionary and innovator. You push the boundaries and think big picture while being able to tell a story and understand scalability.
- You are a team player. You understand that flying solo is a limiting and isolating choice and know that making your team look good works far better than creating a one-man show.
- You are an expert communication router - being at the center of the information triangle among the market, team, and company, you know how to find the best method and style to communicate thoughts, ideas, and feedback.
- You lead by influence, core values, and example, through motivating, guiding, and keeping your functional leads focused on the vision and goals.
- You relate well to people and easily establish good relationships.
- You respond quickly and appropriately to the needs of others.
- You have a knack for explaining complicated things simply.
- You’re level-headed and cool under pressure. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You can tolerate ambiguity.
- You enjoy managing the big picture, as well as the small details.
- You are an out-the-box thinker when it comes to finding solutions for problems.
- You will blow us away with your work ethic, your passion, your integrity, your attitude, and your energy!
We're a small and growing team working together closely and operating with complete autonomy and freedom. This means you will have a direct impact on any project that you work on and your success will be felt across the company and by your clients. Some other perks include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 50% for dependents
- 14 PTO days and 5 sick days
- Accommodating in a remote-first work environment
- 12 weeks of parental leave paid at 100%
- Flexible work hours
- $70-month tech reimbursement
- Virtual social events and a sense of community (even online)
- Plenty of opportunities while we grow and scale in a global environment
Ready to join the squad?
We are excited to hear from you. Click the button below to start the application process. Thank you!Apply now